Orthodontics for Children in Midland, MI
Orthodontics is a great investment in your child’s future. At Davis & Davis Orthodontics, we often see that our young patients become more outgoing and mature, and are excited to take ownership of their smile and overall health.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven. While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, by visiting Davis & Davis Orthodontics at this time, our Midland orthodontists can diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and—in many cases—without surgery.
Early treatment allows Drs. Davis and Davis to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
For parents, it's not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment. Here are a few things to look for that may mean your child should visit our Midland, MI orthodontic office:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight
Getting Your Child Started with Orthodontics
During your initial free consultation at our Midland, MI office, we give your family a tour of our office and take a few complimentary records for initial diagnosis. Dr. Dale or Dr. Lisa will be introduced and begin a conversation with you about your concerns. We typically talk about the nature of your child’s malocclusion, the treatment options available, and the problems that can arise if the malocclusion is not corrected. At the end of the consultation we will answer all your questions; we strive to be informative and keep you comfortable with your child’s care.
Please contact Davis & Davis Orthodontics in Midland, MI to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give your child a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.