Adult Orthodontic Treatment in Midland, MI
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for children and teens. In fact, more than one-third of patients at Davis & Davis Orthodontics are adults! Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Now is a great time to take advantage of the opportunity to achieve a beautiful, functional, and life-changing smile!
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Treatment Options for Adults
If the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage you from receiving orthodontic treatment, know that you have many options at Davis & Davis Orthodontics. Our modern orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
- Clear aligners
- Traditional metal braces
Plus, as Midland’s only Elite Premier Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® providers, Drs. Davis and Davis can help you achieve the beautiful smile that you deserve without using brackets and wires at all!
At Davis & Davis Orthodontics, we have also begun using two emerging, science-backed technologies that allow a patient to finish treatment in less than half the amount of time of traditional orthodontics. Take-home treatment with AcceleDent® Aura allows the teeth to move more rapidly with vibration technology which stimulates the bone at a cellular level to allow rapid movement of the teeth. We also offer PROPEL®, which is an in-house treatment that also stimulates the bone at a cellular level, allowing patients to progress and finish treatment more rapidly. These technologies are very popular with adults but can be used in adolescents, too.
Orthodontics for Adults vs. Orthodontics for Children
The main difference between treating adults and children or teens is that the jawbones of younger patients are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may make orthognathic surgery possible to align the jawbones. Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Davis & Davis Orthodontics also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. Our Midland orthodontists and team will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
Why should you choose Davis & Davis?
Our skill in treating patients and customer service that we provide is second to none! If you want Invisalign or Invisalign Teen technology we are the only Midland Elite Premier Invisalign providers. Our patients’ testimonials say it all. Please peruse our reviews or check out our Facebook page. You'll see we have a lot of fun in our office, too!
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics at Davis & Davis Orthodontics, please contact our Midland orthodontic office to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.